A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Love feeling like a pharmacy

So I've been on meds for 4 days now. I haven't been too bad with hormones yet and I'm very thankful for that.
I started out on Lupron like I knew I would be but what I didn't know was they were going to have me start with the Estrace too! So, since Monday I've been taking my Lupron .1cc and 2 Estrace pills, then on the 11th I started taking 3 Estrace pills with my Lupron. All these things are just fine, I'm not looking forward to taking the progesterone suppositories, of which I just got 120 more!! Yes I will be back taking 4 of them every day until I'm 12 weeks pregnant. YUCK! But, if it works and we end up with a healthy baby its all worth it.

I can't wait for this transfer, its going to be a very positive one, I can just feel it.

The only bad news is that poor V&K&S have to come over to Canada this time. V was planning on coming by herself but Dr. Virro requested that K come with too so they could have a fresh semen sample too. Therefore, little S has to go with too. They leave Sunday, will be in Canada for 1 week and go home the 22nd. Unfortunately, I won't be able to meet them when they are in Canada because I don't go up there until the 23rd. But this is ok. We will still have a chance to meet at some point.

Anyway, we are just waiting right now to see how well V is doing on her meds and how many eggies they will get this time. They are still planning on transfering only 1 embryo of excellent quality. This just HAS to work this time.

I will keep updating as soon as I have something new to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home