A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Friday, February 04, 2005

We got some bad news again.

I had my lining measured Wed. morning and it turns out that its only at a 6. Unfortunately for us, they want to see it thicker than that, I think an 8. From there we had a couple of options. We could go ahead and cancel the transfer for this month and try again next month, leave it as is and hope within those 5 days it got to where it needed to be, or wait until the 11th. To be on the safe side we are waiting until the 11th and hoping and praying that its thick enough by then. I will have another ultrasound the morning of the transfer before we actually do the transfer to make sure its thick enough. If its not then it will be canceled and they will send us home.

There is a chance that my doctor read the ultrasound wrong to begin with but we don't know for sure. Thats mostly what we are hoping for. I'm really nervous that he didn't read it wrong and that I won't be where I need to be even by the 11th. But there isn't much we can do other than wait and find out.

The message board that I belong to for surrogates and IP's has been a great resource. When I posted about my lining being too thin several of the ladies gave me suggestions on what to do to help increase the blood flow and thicken it up. They suggested eating strawberrie or other fruits with seeds that you eat, raspberry leaf tea 3 times a day, and soy milk. I had Ansil pick all of those things up at the store. I have to say, so far the soy milk is the worst! Sorry to anyone who reads this and likes it, but I truly can't stand it. I have chocolate soymilk just to be safe but even with that I mix in reg. chocolate milk to cover the taste of it. So far thats been working pretty good. I'm able to drink it without gagging anyway. :)

Instead of being a day before C's 2nd transfer we are 2 days behind but I think she is transfering 3 dayers and ours is a 5 day embryo. So if thats the case then technically our due dates would be the same! She wanted me to lead the way with the pee sticks and I still think that might happen! I'm going to end up with peeitis in the next couple of weeks, I just know it. I will have to tell Ansil to hide the bank cards and check book from me so I can't go out and buy a whole bunch of pregnancy tests! LOL

Thats the latest update on us. I'm not sure I will have any other news before the transfer but if I do I will be sure to update once again.

God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home