A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Monday, December 20, 2004

A wee little update

I think I have upset V! She was feist when we chatted yesterday. LOL I told her everything I had been told about how the transfer could be put off even longer because of the doctor's availability and other things and she told me she was going to call IARC and be MAD. V you are so cute! Though I can't blame her for it either. I'm a little upset about all this myself.
Anyway, we are still hoping for a transfer in the beginning of Feb now, even though I might have to be gone on Loryssa's birthday.

I had my doc appointment today. Boy was I nervous though! I just knew that I had to tell him what was going on and why I was making such a big stink about not getting my period when most people would be elated about not having it at all. He was totally understanding though. Since they deal with infertility he knew what was going to happen and why I was nervous about it. He went in there prepared to tell me I was worrying over nothing and to just let my body do its thing. Then I told him that I'm a surrogate and I need to be assured that I can have my period in Jan he changed his thinking. He said that its probably best that I stay off the birth control pills anyway, which I had already sworn off 4 weeks ago. They make the uterine lining thin over time anyway and I will need a decently thick lining for IVF. He also said that since my cycles have always been like clock work every 28 days when I have gone off the pill in the past there is no reason to think they won't be now. BUT, if I don't get my period the day I think I should to call him right away and have a serum pregnancy test and the PIO shot like I did last time.
So V&K rest assured that that is exactly what I will do!

I also went ahead and made an appointment with him to do my testing stuff in Jan after I get the kit. I was hoping to get in on Jan 6th but he is going to be gone that day so my appt. is Jan 7th. I would have gone for the one on the 5th but I figured that would be too soon and I wouldn't have the kit yet. This way I'm pretty sure everything will be here that I need and I can get it done already!!!!

Only a couple weeks away and we will be well on our way to a happy healthy fun and non-adventerous pregnancy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home