A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Friday, October 15, 2004

This is just the beginning!

Lets start off with an about me section.
I'm April married to Ansil. I have one child from a previous relationship, Loryssa, and we have one child together, Kylee, who is 14 months old. Ansil and I met via the internet and we met in person Nov. 26 2000. He came up for a 2 week visit and never went back. We have been married for just over 2 years. It was during my own pregnancy with Kylee that I discovered my dream of helping at least one couple achieve the bliss of parenthood that I have been blessed with twice.

Now onto my journey.
So far I have met a wonderful woman who then introduced me to, hopefully my, IP's ( intended parents). I will just call them K&V. We emailed back and forth quite a bit before I even got my application to the agency(IARC). I guess we have been getting to know each other throughout the past 2 months. Since IARC has gotten my application everything has been going pretty smoothly. I was accepted in a matter of days and a couple weeks later Ansil and I had our session with they psychologist. I had to take an MMPI 2 test, which basically was able to tell the psychologist what kind of person I am and my personality. She told me I was an almost perfect candidate for being a surrogate. Now a week and a half later I am still waiting to hear if she sent her letter to IARC saying that I'm good to go. As soon as IARC gets it they will send my application info onto my IP's and they can give IARC the green light which will then be the contract phase. Its just a waiting game from here.


I guess for now I will leave it at that and update when I have some news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home