A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Thursday, December 16, 2004

2 steps forward and 3 steps back

As the title says, thats exactly what has happened. We got the contracts signed and sent back. K&V got theirs out last friday thank heavens. But yesterday I got an email that I didn't want to see. I won't be able to get my medical testing kit until after January 3rd since the clinic closes Dec. 20th -Jan. 3rd. :(
So that means that I won't be able to start my meds until after that and we have to have the test results back from ALL the tests before we can do a transfer. So it will be 6 weeks at least after I get my testing kit sent back. But it only gets worse from there.
Since I have been lucky enough, yeah right, to not have regular cycles these past 4 months we could be waiting even longer for our transfer. I can't start taking my meds until the first day of my period. I can only hope and pray that I will get it during the 3rd week in Jan. Then I will be on meds for appoximately 25 days before our transfer. So instead of looking forward to a Jan. transfer it will be sometime in Feb. or thats what our hope is now.
Also, since my cycles aren't regular I decided to totally stop taking my birth control pills in hopes to get it back on track. Well its been 3 weeks now and still nothing. So I called the doc yesterday thinking he would have me come back in for a pregnancy test and a shot of progesterone again. NOPE. He wants to see me to try and figure out what is going on. Sooooo, Monday morning I go in and talk to him. I just love my OB doc so I'm hoping with all my might that he will have an answer for me so we can work off my Jan. cycle for the transfer and not my Feb. cycle.

Well, thats the latest news for us and I'm pretty sure we won't have anything new happening until Jan. so I will post again when we have some news.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!! Be safe and have wonderful joyous holidays!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home