A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Saturday, January 08, 2005

The panic attack is OVER!

All I have to say is WHEW! I was finally able to get in touch with V and she explained things to me as she got a bit more information that I was able to. Right now, because of the lenght of time it takes to do a "special" HIV test, I think its called P45, we wouldn't have the results back before the transfer and Dr. Virro is quite adamant about getting those back before transferring. Apparently it is a more accurate HIV test but I still have no idea why it would take 6 weeks! The rest of them only take days to get back. And of course, this clinic is the ONLY clinic that even asks for that test!

So, if my cycle is now back on track, which I feel it will be now, we will start the meds in Feb. when that cycle comes for a transfer the first week in March. Its a bummer for everyone. Who would have thought that trying to get pregnant could be such a fiasco! LOL Just kidding everyone. I'm trying to stay on the light side of things as I got a stern warning to CHILL OUT! LOL

The only way we could do a transfer in Feb now is if my cycle comes 2 weeks late so they have enough time to get the test results back before the transfer. Last month we were hoping I would be on schedule and now this month we are hoping I'm still NOT on track.

There are so many ups and downs when being a surrogate, I can only imagine how hard it is for the parents, who have been praying for this miracle baby for so long already, to have all these bumps, hills, valleys when traveling down this road. It is definitely NOT for the weak!

So, thats it for now and we will keep our fingers crossed that everything from now on goes as planned and is quite uneventful!

Best wishes for a wonderful and happy new year everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home