A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

OUCH!!!

Last night this little guy was being fiesty!!! He now has room to play that goes nearly up to my ribs. Well lately his thing is to sit right up at the top and its a little uncomfortable. I decided to try and gently push/urge him to move down just a bit with my hand. Now you must know I was more or less just massaging his butt or head, not sure which one it was, with my hand and gently pushing down at the same time. Apparently he didn't like that at all and almost immediately pushed back! OMG It hurt so badly! If I had been looking I swear you would have seen him "pop out" of my belly! He did this 3 times before he finally settled down a little bit farther. What a turkey!!
I thoroughly enjoy feeling him move around and thankfully right now its still not painful, other than last night anyway. He kicks pretty hard but when he hits it isn't as hard. And still moves about quite a bit. He has a day full of energy and then a day where he rests alot. When I lay down at night he wakes up for a few minutes but seems to go back to sleep once I get comfortable and doesn't keep me up or wake me up. My bladder is the one to thank for waking me up at night.
And speaking of waking up at night to pee. Last night was another typical night. I get really thirsty before bed so I end up drinking like 20oz of water before I lay down. I always go potty before bed but it never fails to wake me up a couple hours into sleeping. So I got up last night about 3am to potty and start down the stairs. Little did I know, on the landing just about 5 steps down laid our 100 lb rottweiler! All the lights are off so its pitch black and so is that dog and of course she isn't making any noise nor was she trying to get out of the way. I nearly tripped down the last fight of steps! If it hadn't been for the little storage thing we have right next to that for me to grip, I would have fallen down the steps. GRRRR I was so mad I could hardly get back to sleep. Needless to say, if the dog is in the house at night she will be sleeping in our bedroom or not in the house at all. There is no way I want to fall down the stairs now! I've been so good about not doing that for several years now I don't want to start again. LOL
Our last Dr. appt was good. My blood pressure was great, no weight gain not even 1/2 lb., and the baby sounded great as well. I'm also measuring right on target. I talked to the Dr about another u/s and he said that if he had known that before hand he would have found a way to "fix" the numbers on my chart to show bigger or smaller so he would have a medical reason to do it and insurance would cover it. He doesn't want me to have a huge bill for this. And he was nice enough to write a note in my chart for the nurse practitioner to be on the lookout for something "odd". LOL Such a good guy! I go back in 4 weeks for some more tests including a vaginal exam and the gestational diabetes test with the nurse practitioner. Then I go back to my OB 2 weeks after that and we will be on the 2 week schedule until 36 weeks!
Its amazing to think that we are already this far along. In just a couple weeks I will be in the 3rd trimester and it won't be much longer after that, that we will be meeting this little guy! WOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home