A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Time for an update

I'm so very very close to 22 weeks right now. Only 2 days to go! Things have been going pretty good. I did get a cold and last friday I also got the flu for about 24 hours. Thankfully it didn't last any longer than that because I hate being miserable and of course I had to take care of Kylee myself because Ansil had to work. Let me tell you it was a long long long day. I was so thankful when Ansil got home from work and right away took the girls to town for supper and to get them out of my hair so I could rest. He didn't get them home until it was almost bed time and he did the pajamas and all that stuff and put them to bed. I was so proud of him.
Then last Saturday we had Kylee's 2nd birthday party and it went good but oh so busy! So many people and kids and boy was I pooped when it was over. But we did go out for a while afterwards just to have fun and what not. We got home late and Sunday it was up again for church and all that. Monday was Kylee's official birthday so we spent the day kinda doting on her and went out for supper which like always turns out to be a disaster. LOL She never wants to just sit and eat and behave, she wants to get into everything and eat everyone elses food. Such is life with a 2yr old.
Tuesday was Ansil and my 3 year anniversary. We spent the day driving! Absolutely nothing special planned but at least we said happy anniversary to each other. LOL Today was another busy day and Kylee had her 2 year check up with the Dr. She has put on a pound in the last couple weeks so that puts her up to 23 lbs! Woohoo! Too bad I'm pretty sure she will lose that pound. LOL She is otherwise healthy though and doing good.
Onto the baby news! A few days ago I was laying in bed on my back watching a little TV before I drifted off to dreamland and felt the baby move a bit. Well, I happened to be looking at my bulgeing belly when he really started rocking and rolling and I got to watch my belly dance! I smiled myself to sleep that night. Then this morning I was standing up looking out the window when I felt him move a bit again. I took a chance to feel him and put my hand where he had kicked and he did it again, like 4 more times! It feels so neat to be able to feel him move so much now yet it feels strange. Not in a bad way but like anything beating you from the inside out would feel. LOL In 1 week we have yet another Dr. appt and of course I'm excited for it. I'm going to try and talk him into giving me another ultrasound sometime in the near future. I want to see the baby again and I'm sure that V&K would love to have some more pictures. I don't know if he will or not but I hope he does. Also I'm going to tell him that because of this being a surrogacy, they need to know almost for certain that this is a baby because they have to have a name within the next few weeks. I hope it works.
So that is the scoop on us right now. Still going strong and doing good. I'm going to end with my first belly picture though. Ignore the stretch marks but I'm sure there will be more! LOL Enjoy!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home