A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Friday, September 23, 2005

The halfway mark!

We are halfway done!!! I can't believe its this far already. Only 20 more weeks to go, if I make it to 40 weeks!
On Tuesday we had the long awaited ultrasound too. Its a boy!!! Not that it mattered either way to V&K as long as the baby was healthy but it sure is nice to know! We, Ansil and I, haven't ever really known the sex of the baby we were having so its a pretty big thrill for us. I don't think this little guy was shy in the least bit. His legs were pretty wide open showing it all. We were able to get a few pictures of his family jewels and the Dr. was 95% sure its a boy. He said there wasn't much that looked like a scrotum and penis. LOL
So, I'm happy to report a healthy happy baby boy and I was even happier that I was able to tell V&K myself. V and I talked for an hour about really everything. Its so great when we have time to chat like that though it was getting so late for her. We talked about them having another child and I know that V would love to but K was shaking his head no. She did offer to let me talk with him to try and convince him though. LOL I really have no idea if they will or not but it would be awesome to do this again for them.
We talked just a little about me doing this again but I've not decided either way right now. I'm thinking if I do it again it won't be right away. I want some time to focus on life and my family and get back to the body I want. Focusing on surrogacy really takes alot out of you and everything involved too.
I'm excited about this pregnancy but I'm excited to be done too. I want V&K to be able to spend some time with their new baby and I can't wait to hand this little one over to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home