A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Just some thoughts

Some people really amaze me. Since I'm so close to the end of the 1st trimester now I'm feeling more comfortable and open with telling people that I'm a surrogate. We visited with some friends we hadn't seen in a while this weekend and of course got offered alcohol. Naturally I declined, I don't drink too much anyhow but then comes the question as to why. So I start off by telling them that I'm pregnant. No biggie, there are times that I don't want to jump right into the specifics. Before we left we got told by one of the older friends that he hopes we have a healthy baby. I don't know why but I blurted out that it wasn't ours. LOL Oh the look on his face, it was priceless! He kind of shook his head and said what? I'm confused, please explain that to me. I did and told him that biologically this isn't "our" child and that I'm carrying it for some friends. To my utter amazement he got a great big grin on his face and said that is wonderful thats just so great and on and on and on!
I haven't come across one person yet who has said anything other than what I'm doing is great and they are proud of me for doing it. And you know, I'm proud of myself too. Its not always easy especially when we are so terribly far apart. I feel just horrible that I, or more like we, will get to experience the first movements of the baby, the ultrasounds first hand and all that stuff. I'm already dreading telling V that I can feel the baby move and that others can feel it and things like that. I know that may sound silly but V is so in love with the baby already, in my mind I think that it has to be doubly hard not to be close to me to experience these things. Ok, so she is going to think I'm crazy to think all this but I know she will understand. Ok, enough sad thoughts before I make myself cry.
On a good note, after I made my last entry I received an email from K. Its not very often that I talk with him so its always a great pleasure to hear from him too. Well, his email simply said, "You made my day". That was enough to keep my smiling big and wide all day long. I can't say it enough, these are some of the most wonderful loving and caring people I have ever met! I don't know the words to describe how I feel most times but I do know that I never want to lose contact with V&K.
I'm ready to have this baby right now. Not because I want to get back to normal life, if there is such a thing, but because I'm so anxious to see their faces and hand their baby back to them. I can already see the love there and I'm so honored that they chose me, ME of all the people in the world, to carry and take care of their baby until its ready for life outside of the womb.

Boy, that was some deep thinking for the day and its only 10 am! LOL With that I'm going to end this one. I've got a little one of my own that is chatting my ears off and some other work to do.
God bless your day!

1 Comments:

  • At July 31, 2005 at 9:44 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    What you are doing is WONDERFUL! It so nice to hear a story like that. When I tell people how I think it is a great idea, they think I am nuts and go off about this and that...and you are still like "But you don't get it..." that is great that people around you support what you are doing! :)

    Jacquelyn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home