A surrogacy journal

Follow with me on my amazing journey to give a wonderful couple the joy of a second child!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Another day...

Its just another day in life here really. Last night this little guy was up nearly all night long, after he slept almost all day! LOL He woke up about 8pm and he was still having fun in there at 3am! He already has his days and nights mixed up but I think when hes born it will be a good thing. Here is why: His parents live across the world, they are 7 hours ahead of us right now. If he has his days and nights mixed up here then when he gets home, he should be right on schedule. LOL Oh hes going to be a wild one though.
I talked with V the other day and of course we talked for like an hour. One thing that came up was her feeling the baby move when they come over. She said that she was not very comfortable touching another woman's stomach though. I don't want her to feel that she has to keep her hands to herself. This is her baby and I would love to have her hands on my tummy all day long feeling him move about. Ok so that sounds a little off but think about it. Shes not had the luxury of being pregnant before and really doesn't know what it feels like and this IS her child so feeling it through me is the next best thing. I hope she isn't too uncomfortable with it when the time comes.
I'm still nervous/worried about the D day though. Delivery is so unpredictable and I wish I was comfortable enough to get induced because I seriously don't want V&K to miss any of it. I'm pretty sure V won't miss it but I'm so scared that K will. Another thing is I'm due 4 days after my oldest DD's birthday. I of course want to have a party for her and would love to invite some friends of hers but I'm afraid it will be stressful and land me in labor on her birthday! I have no problem with my DD and this little on sharing a birthday, I just don't want to miss out on my DD's day.
It sucks too that all this is going to happen during the winter, not to mention it will be about the coldest time of winter too. V&K aren't used to the cold like we have here and of course the chance of snow storms is always there. I know V is ok with not spending every waking moment with me but I want to make sure she isn't bored out of her mind here too. There isn't alot in this dinky boring town I live in to do. We are hoping to get together with their former surrogate at some point too but of course everything is weather dependent. I want to take her to the mall of america but then I'm afraid all the walking will put me in labor. LOL
So, for the next few months I have to find things that we can do around here that will keep us busy but not put too much stress on myself. Sounds like fun doesn't it? LOL And yes V, no matter what you say about waiting to do this stuff, I would rather have it all set. It will be less to think about when worrying about this little guy's arrival.

Oh I'm so so so so excited to meet you guys and this little one!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home